The Accounting Associate participates in the management of the company’s accounts receivables. This includes collections, customer account reconciliations, cash applications, appropriate matching of credits, projects that require special billing, maintenance of the AR aging and company’s DSO, and overall accurate reporting regarding AR.
- Facilitate timely collection of monies due to company by maintaining a collection program that keeps customer receivables in a current and open-to-buy condition and provide analysis for collection forecasting
- Research cash receipts and identify correct application making sure all cash receipts are applied properly
- Research payment errors, overpayments, underpayments and duplicate payments. Work with other internal personnel from AR, customer service, or sales to obtain direction for payment application.
- Maintain continuous and professional contact with customers regarding pending payments, issues with orders, and other requests by phone and by email
- Interact with the invoicing personnel on special invoices
- Perform a variety of tasks related to processing accounts receivable including data entry, research and coding of incoming payments, and application to open AR
- Minimize losses due to bad debt by providing up front analysis of credit worthiness of ongoing and potential customers and by taking legal actions (including the filing of liens)
- Provide control, oversight, and analysis of the process governing the issuance of credit memos.
- Deep research on data through use of spreadsheets, reports, ERP system, etc.
- Provide reports to internal personnel, management, and external customers
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Ability to follow through on complex/technical projects requiring extensive research
- Excellent phone presence and professional communication skills; proven ability to remain composed and deliver high-quality customer service when faced with difficult issues and tight deadlines
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Previous exposure to SAP or a major ERP preferred
- Deeply analytical with a high attention to detail