Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and owning the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
Interfolio operates the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work, from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. Offering colleges and universities increased clarity and insight into faculty data to help achieve their strategic initiatives, Interfolio believes that advancing the faculty will advance the institution.
What’s even better than that?
We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Scholar Services team. The position of Customer Support Specialist is an entry level position. This position is a remote role and must be based in United States in Pacific Standard Time Zone.*
*COVID-19 Special Update: Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. For positions based out of one of our two offices, we will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community and will re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place. Travel for staff members has also ceased until the company determines it is safe to travel as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official advising entities in either the US or UK where our staff might be located.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure our scholars and university clients have the best experience with our products and services. You will answer all questions related to Interfolio, educating and empowering customers to become better Interfolio users. As a member of our support team, you proactively look for solutions to problems and propose improvements if something could work better. You’re an ambassador for all internal departments, helping them be successful in their roles while driving product change.
A big part of your day is going to be spent taking action on support tickets and calls, planning new outreach efforts, or putting out fires behind the scenes. Our users expect extremely high quality support and we strive to provide that in every interaction we have. We need someone with the ability to treat each issue with dedication and fervor.
- You’re smart. You’re a problem-solver who doesn’t shy away from puzzles that require extra research. You’re able to not only answer a user’s direct question, but also understand where they’re coming from and what questions they’re likely to have next. You can think critically and creatively about situations you’re presented with to ensure our users receive high-quality support across the board.
- You’re skilled. You write and speak well. You have the demonstrated ability to convey empathy, compassion, patience, and urgency in both written and verbal form. You take pride in the quality of your writing and are well-versed in phone etiquette with experience carrying on professional conversations.
- You’re tech-savvy. You stay connected through sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. You’re familiar with different operating systems across various platforms: Windows, Mac, tablets, and phones…anything goes! You’re at home using technology, and you can easily understand and learn a new interface or process.
- You’re team-oriented. You’re comfortable working in groups and happy to put ego aside when searching for the best ideas. Our team is a combination of introverts, extroverts, right brains, and left brains all working hard to deliver products that scholars love to use.
Ideal Candidate Qualities
- You have experience 6 months – 3 years of working service-oriented jobs; experiencing working on a college or university campus is a plus!
- You enjoy working on small, agile teams and thinking creatively to find solutions
- You are a self-starter, a quick study, and a great communicator (both verbally and in writing)
- You’re comfortable both giving and receiving feedback in pursuit of a better product
- You’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and grow in our fast-paced startup atmosphere
You should also:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Be able to speak and write in fluent English
- Based in United States in Pacific Standard Time Zone
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, unlimited paid time off, a yearly wellness benefit AND professional development stipend, and a fun company culture, which sets us apart! We look forward to you learning more about us!
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.