You are energized by the opportunity to support interfaith leaders in action! You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, adaptable environment where one day won’t look like the next. You are organized, love to get things done and have a reputation of completing tasks on time and with the highest-level of accuracy. You hold yourself and your work to a high bar of excellence and take personal responsibility for achieving your goals and supporting those of our colleagues.
The Program Assistant will support three directors with some executive assistant responsibilities along with supporting a variety of IFYC programs and projects. This position will require the ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders.
- Manage travel logistics for directors including making travel arrangements and preparing materials for directors’ campus visits/fundraising visits (when travel resumes in 2021)
- Schedule meetings with both internal staff and external partners; prepare materials for meetings; take notes and provide meeting summaries
- Prepare reimbursement requests for Directors
- Input new data and clean existing data in Salesforce
- Pull data reports from Salesforce
- Compile data and manage internal tracking systems
- Clean data spreadsheets to upload into Salesforce
- Proofread and copy edit materials
- Create and format presentations in PowerPoint
- Prepare mailing and file documents
- Copy, scan, and shred materials
- Assist, support, and in some cases lead virtual or in-person event logistics and tracking
- Prepare materials for events and programs/fundraising events such as name tags, agendas, and folders.
- Manage logistics for small events or meetings including participant travel, catering, accommodations and event space
- Create and edit surveys using IFYC’s survey software
- Prepare application materials for campus and individual grant programs
- Communicate with external partners such as campus staff and IFYC alumni on particular programs in order to solicit or share required information
- Compile, collate, and analyze grant reports from campuses and/or individuals who have received IFYC grants
- Track program interest and participations
- Manage expense tracking, process stipends, create MOUs, and reimbursement requests, and other financial logistics for IFYC program participants
- Provide participants with, and answer questions regarding, logistical program information
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including religious studies, education, higher education, sociology, etc.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects from multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative nature; flexibility and agility in problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); willing to learn and utilize organization-wide constituent relationship management software (Salesforce)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
High level of religious literacy and fluency in diversity, pluralism, and inclusion
Hours: 40 hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Pay: $15-$20 per hour plus free medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employee-only coverage. Those who wish to cover their dependents can contribute through payroll for dependent health coverage. Generous time off policies that include paid time off, floating holidays, fixed holidays, sick leave and paid parental leave.
Supervisor: Program Director
Application: Please upload your resume and cover letter that includes why you want to work at IFYC.
Application deadline: April 13, 2021
Start Date: approximately May 10, 2021
Location: working from our Chicago Loop office at 141 W Jackson Blvd. #3200 Chicago, IL 60604 when our office reopens in summer of 2021
Travel: none expected in this role