Intellisense Systems innovates what seemed impossible. We are a fast-growing Southern California technology innovator that solves tough, mission-critical challenges for our customers in advanced military, law enforcement, and commercial markets. We design, develop, and manufacture novel technology solutions for ground, vehicle, maritime, and airborne applications. Our products have been deployed in every extreme environment on Earth!
We are seeking a Systems Engineer for our Intelligent Display and Sensors Systems Department. The successful candidate will bring significant expertise in military electronics and avionics systems to our growing team.
This role will be responsible for participating in systems, hardware, and software design activities of new development projects for products being developed for use in DoD environments. The candidate will participate and/or take ownership in requirements analysis activities to include requirements generation, allocation and tracking throughout the development life-cycle. They will also contribute to and support organization-wide efforts across multi-disciplined team in electrical, mechanical, and software technical areas.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and maintain system requirement specifications and system interface design documents, i.e.. ICDs, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports and support the development of SRS and HRS documents.
- Participate hands-on in all system and subsystem hardware and hardware/software integration and acceptance testing.
- Provide system architecture definition based on the required functionality.
- Support development for the system, hardware, and software requirements and design to assure system requirements are met.
- Perform/coordinate various analyses in support of the detailed design of components, major assemblies, software, and systems.
- Support DO-254 / DO-178 efforts to achieve project certification goals.
What You’ll Bring:
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of experience or Master’s with 3+ years’ experience in a systems engineering role.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering for Systems Engineering & Integration. Developed understanding of MBSE for lifecycle beginning-to-end System of Systems Engineering and Integration.
- Fundamental understanding of the systems engineering processes, embedded system development, COTS incorporation, with hands-on experience in development of procedures for integration, Requirements Based Tests and execution.
- Experience in analyzing use cases and requirements for validity and feasibility and creating corresponding test scenarios and test cases.
- Work independently to formulate systems engineering work products and integrating complex avionics (preferably).
- Hands-on experience with Qualification testing per MIL Standards (MIL-STD-704, 810, 461, 464) and or RTCA (DO-160) that covers the expected military customer use environment and operational conditions.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Ability to adapt to fast moving environments with evolving deadlines and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Experience using DOORS is a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.
What You Could Expect:
- The freedom to take risks, to innovate, and to be rewarded.
- Partner with trusting leadership that approaches tasks and requests with urgency.
- Deliver products that are continually recognized as industry disruptors.
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- 4 Weeks PTO a year (plus an additional 40 hours of PTO your first day)
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) with 4% employer matching
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.