The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) in La Jolla, CA has an immediate career opening for a Cyber Security Analyst I. This opening is located at IDA’s Center for Communications Research in La Jolla, California (CCR-L). IDA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a superior professional working environment. To the right individual, IDA offers the opportunity to have a major impact on key national programs while working on fascinating technical issues.
We are seeking a Cyber Security Analyst I, who under general supervision, envisions, investigates computer and information security incidents to determine and resolve potential breaches and vulnerabilities; uses and maintains information security tools necessary to ensure the secure operation of IDA’s information system infrastructure; conducts compliance audits, in collaboration with other IT staff, that ensure compliance with information security policies and guidelines. #ITatIDA
1. Executes Information Security Monitoring:
- Monitors and analyzes information security alerts from network devices and information systems
- Responds and/or directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyzes indicators of compromise for use in detection
- Reports risk posture of information systems
- Collaborates with industry and government sponsors on new threat indicators
2. Supports Media Forensics and Malware Analysis:
- Forensic analysis of information systems and portable devices
- Forensic recovery of data using industry tools
- Behavioral analysis of malware to provide indicators for monitoring
3. Executes Information System Security Evaluation and Hardening:
- Evaluates new information security technologies
- Configures and implement information security technologies
- Validates system hardening and provides guidance for security configuration
- Evaluates network and system security configuration for risk based access control
4. Supports Information Security Training and Projects:
- Develops employee awareness training for relevant information security trends
- Evaluates information security trends, tools, and techniques for potential application to infrastructure and research areas
- Manages and/or contributes to information technology projects
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer security, or related discipline or equivalent experience in a related field.
- One year of experience in Information Technology.
- Possesses or ability to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570.
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining certification and accreditation of information systems preferred.
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanners, monitoring, auditing and intrusion detection systems, and forensic response preferred.
- Familiarity with notification of Internet threats, alerts, vulnerabilities, and anti-virus software preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer