Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering, PLLC (ICE) is one of the fastest growing full-service transportation consulting and design firms in the Southeast and Texas. We specialize in highways, bridges/structures, hydrology, and aviation design utilizing over 320 dedicated team members that take a results-driven approach to meeting the specific needs of our clients. We are currently looking to add qualified Roadway Designer to our Atlanta Team. This position will report to the Norcross, GA office.
This position is responsible for collection and analysis of data for the preparation of road and highway designs. Will perform roadway and highway design calculations, conduct investigative analyses toward completion of assigned design tasks, and direct the preparation of design drawings and/or specifications. Job duties include roadway/surface design utilizing AASHTO and other applicable design specifications as well as state and local design requirements. Job duties also include working with designers on isometric designs, assisting project managers on design review and permitting and evaluate proposed opportunities and advance proposal efforts on behalf of the company.
- Develop effective/innovative designs for interstate widenings, interchange/intersection improvements, traffic management and roadway drainage design on State and County highway improvement projects.
- Assist in new business development by contributing to strategic planning, marketing, assisting with proposals and business operations planning.
- Provide coordination of project execution and control on roadway design projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design.
- Coordinate with project team, contractors, vendors and other consultants to ensure compliance with engineering standards, codes, specifications and design requirements.
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD Specifications, AASHTO Standard Specifications, AREMA Specifications, and state-specific design criteria/specifications.
- Provide internal quality control for construction drawings, design calculations and specifications to ensure technical accuracy, conformance to project requirements, and overall constructability.
- Work with Project Management to ensure projects are completed on schedule and under budget. Must be able to independently manage project tasks.
- Maintain organized documentation/archives of design files, drawings, and construction submittals.
- Proactively communicate with clients, environmental agencies and federal entities on the implications of the construction.
- Provide construction assistance and respond to Requests for Information as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT required (PE preferred)
- Minimum 0-5 years of experience in surface/roadway design.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office suite, MicroStation Inroads/Geopak, OpenRoads.
- Knowledgeable in job cost, scheduling, safety, and construction concepts.
- US Citizen or Legal Resident (At this time, we cannot support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position.)
ICE offers competitive salary based on experience and an excellent benefits package that includes Med/dental/vision, matching 401K plan and a lucrative PTO plan.
Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, veteran status, genetics, and/or any other legally protected classifications.