Mid-Level Water Resources Engineer
Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering, PLLC (ICE) is one of the fastest growing full-service transportation consulting and design firms in the Eastern US. We specialize in highways, bridges/structures, hydrology, and aviation design utilizing over 320 dedicated team members that take a results-driven approach to meeting the specific needs of our clients. We are currently looking to add an experienced Mid-level Water Resources Engineer to join our team in the Columbia, SC office.
Our Hydrological and Hydraulic Services include: roadway drainage plans, bridge hydraulic analysis, storm sewer design, ditch design, culvert analysis, pond design, energy dissipation design, FEMA analysis, flood control modeling, scour analysis, riverine analysis for multidimensional flow, erosion and sediment control, NPDES permitting and stormwater management.
This position will work closely assisting the Project Managers in the completion of drainage aspects of traditional design-big-build and alternative delivery infrastructure projects. Duties will include hydrologic & hydraulic modeling, scour analysis, highway drainage design, and stormwater management while complying with local, State DOT, and DHEC requirements.
- Perform drainage design on highway and bridge construction projects.
- Review documents and design work for compliance with plans and specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations and develop hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Prepare designs to include state stormwater management plan requirements.
- Help mentor younger engineers in hydrology and hydraulics.
- Participate in field investigations, some travel may be required in the Southeast.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, PE required.
- 8 – 15 years of water resources experience.
- Experience in the fields of hydrology and hydraulics required.
- Prior experience with SCDOT hydraulic design a plus.
- Experience with computer programs such as MicroStation, GEOPAK Drainage, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, TR-20, FHWA Hydraulics Toolbox, HY8, etc. or similar type programs required.
Please complete the application to include work experience, education, certifications, and all information necessary. To submit a complete application, please complete the assessment test at the end of the application. Your online application and additional information will be reviewed to determine if you meet minimum requirements for the position.
The position operates primarily in an office environment. Must be able to operate PC based systems at a workstation for 8 hours per day and overtime if needed. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a sedentary position for up to eight to ten hours per day. Must have visual acuity to recognize/change/add minute details on CAD drawings. May be required to lift heavy objects, excessive walking, driving, bending, and reaching, pointing, or directing objects or materials. The general physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Expected Hours of Work
The work schedule is Monday through Friday up to 8 hours per day. The ICE offices are open from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday.
Travel will be to the job office with some travel to project sites as needed. Some travel and field work will be required. Travel will predominately be to jobsites in the Columbia, SC area and may include other ICE projects in the Southeast region.
Our success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of our employees. ICE offers a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package that is designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. As part of our employee-centric culture, ICE offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Group Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Account
- Accident Care and Critical Illness Coverage Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with 4% company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Guard Insurance
- Paid Time Off and 9 Paid Holidays
Infrastructure Consulting & Engineering, PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, veteran status, genetics, and/or any other legally protected classifications.