As a key player in the digital transformation strategy of IHS Markit’s Engineering and Product Design Team, this designer role will push the boundaries of a UX role. Your focus will be working with new, innovative technologies such as AI and deliver UX solutions for companies not normally used to the impact a thoughtfully designed software solution can have on their business and workflows. Simplicity but effective, cross-platform design language understanding is vital for this role, enabling you to explore how to create the best new platform UX experiences for a multitude of different user types across different industries but with similar use cases. Working directly with both Engineering and Product, you’ll be empowered with the creation of the user experience.
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, discipline, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach. The successful candidate must be willing to actively engage in day-to-day operations while maintaining a strategic and hands-on understanding of complex product offerings and company direction.
Duties & Accountabilities
· Lead the user experience journey alongside other big dreamers to deliver a UX-centered AI solution
· Responsible for understanding business problems and collaborating with product teams through contextual inquires, qualitative research, brainstorming exercises; rapid prototyping; usability tests; persona development; heuristic analysis; and/or user needs analysis
· Grow our UX capabilities to ensure that we have the knowledge we need to make informed product UX design decisions
· Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing
· Translate user needs and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems
· Build close relationships with product, marketing, and sales to understand strategies to ensure user experiences are designed in alignment with those strategies
· Build design thinking into work across design and product, and represent design and user experience to senior management
· Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
· Strong understanding of emerging trends that will inform the development of best in class, user-centered design experiences
· Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can see overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
· 6+ years of experience in product design, interaction design, and/or visual design or related Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree
· A strong design portfolio
· Be willing to create a robust design-led culture
· Ability to lead user-centered design research, report findings to leadership as well as other groups for shared understanding through compelling storytelling
· Experience with SaaS component design and B2B solutions, especially at enterprise scale
· Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process is a plus
· Ability to create user-interface designs in the form of wireframes, mid-to-high-fidelity screen designs, or prototypes using Axure, Sketch, InVision, proto.io, or the Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with front-end frameworks, including the ability to rapid proto-type via CSS/JS is a massive plus.
· Outstanding written, verbal & presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
· Experiencing in defining, executing, and analyzing market and customer research to drive product positioning and strategy
· Creative self-problem solver
· An influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
· Ability to work with remote teams
· Passion for making data-driven decisions
Nice to Have:
· Experience working in big data, AI, or data analytics.