The R&D Rare Reagent Design and Development team is seeking a Bioanalytical Chemist with a demonstrated capability in a wide range of bioanalytical techniques and a comprehensive understanding of structural biology. In addition, the Bioanalytical Chemist will partner with all stages of product development including Discovery, New Product Development and Operations. The successful candidate will join a team of experienced scientists at multiple levels to produce high-quality products.
What you can expect:
· Work on projects at various stages of development including Discovery to product launch.
· Performs scientific research leading to the development of commercial products for the Company.
· May invent/identify new reagents, biomarkers with associated antibodies, biotechnology processes, scientific technologies, novel chemistries, and solutions.
· Study the secondary/tertiary structure of proteins and protein interactions.
· Stay current with new science and technology developments, with the freedom to explore areas unrelated to immediate product development.
· Transitions promising concepts to new product development teams.
· Discuss and present results to small teams as well as larger departmental and company audiences.
· Exercise your curiosity by staying current with scientific and technological developments.
What you need to succeed:
· PhD required in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology or related field.
· Prefer 1 or 2 years of experience.
· Experience with biologic material interfaces
· Proficiency in data analysis.
· Demonstrated ability to use multiple analytical techniques and develop a methodology to characterize material-biology interface
· Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate, interpret, and communicate diverse technology.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.