We are seeking a creative and energetic Associate Bioorganic Chemist to join our interdisciplinary research team that focuses on advancing our diagnostic product pipeline through developing new immunoassay technologies and the discovery and development of new biomarkers. The successful candidate will have a background in synthesis and bioconjugation chemistry and associated bioanalytical techniques, bridging the gap between chemistry and protein science. This position will be responsible and involved in application of existing and novel bioconjugation methodologies and techniques to generate novel bioconjugates including protein-peptide, protein – protein, protein – small molecules.
What will you do?
- Bioconjugate chemistry and purification skills with focus on protein–small molecule / protein–peptide / protein – polymer / protein-small molecule / peptides–fluorophore conjugates
- Plan and execute laboratory research and experimental design with minor supervision
- Exercise judgment in developing and determining bioconjugation and analytical methods, techniques and data interpretation
- Responsible for achieving project goals in a timely manner and with a high degree of quality
- Work across the boundaries with scientists and engineers in multi-disciplinary projects
What do you need to succeed?
- BS or MS in chemistry or biochemistry with broad knowledge and skills in bioconjugation and protein chemistry, and analytical techniques.
- Masters degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors degree with 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in bioconjugate chemistry along with knowledge in protein chemistry, protein modification, peptide chemistry and standard protein analysis and characterization techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of spectroscopic analysis and interpretation (e.g. UV-VIS, Fluorescence, Mass spectrometry, NMR) along with purification techniques (HPLC, FPLC) is required.
- Laboratory bench and instrumentation skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan work.
- Takes initiative and is accountable (shows ownership); focuses on task at hand; detail oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle the stress of deadlines.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.