New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; or Washington DC
Candidates must already be authorized to work in the U.S.
Role and Responsibilities
All team members play an active role on multiple projects across several domains at once. Diagnosing behavioral problems and designing behaviorally informed interventions and products is integral to what we do. Given the startup nature of the organization, this is a rare opportunity for someone to experience and build the world’s premier behavioral ideas lab and consulting firm. All positions provide a pathway to more senior roles within ideas42 and are excellent preparation for a wide range of roles in both the private and public sectors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing field projects, including intervention design, implementation, monitoring, and impact evaluation; serving as the day-to-day contact for partners and clients;
- Developing full-scale project plans, structure and timelines;
- Assisting/leading primary and secondary research such as surveys, interviews, and literature reviews
- Contributing to grant proposals, policy papers, and other external communications
- Supervising and mentoring more junior staff
- Participating in internal strategic projects, including various aspects of organizational improvement
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 – 8 years of relevant work experience
- Mission-aligned, self-starter, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and working knowledge of statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to high-quality output
- Available and willing to travel on a flexible schedule as needed (typically less than 25%)
- Record of academic excellence
- Smart, logical and structured thinkers, who are also creative
- Master’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Stata
- Community organizing experience
- A background in strategy, marketing, or product management & client-facing experience
- Passion for understanding human behavior and pursuing innovation
We’re a non-profit looking for deep insights into human behavior—into why people do what they do—and using that knowledge in ways that help improve lives, build better systems, and drive social change. Working globally, we reinvent the practices of institutions, and create better products and policies that can be scaled for maximum impact.
We also teach others, ultimately striving to generate lasting social impact and create a future where the universal application of behavioral science powers a world with optimal health, equitable wealth, and environments and systems that are sustainable and just for all.
For more than a decade, we’ve been at the forefront of applying behavioral science in the real world. And as we’ve developed our expertise, we’ve helped to define an entire field. Our efforts have so far extended to 40 countries as we’ve partnered with governments, foundations, NGOs, private enterprises, and a wide array of public institutions.
We value diversity and inclusion and are dedicated to growing our teams with people who have diverse experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We are committed to fair and unbiased hiring practices that support equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, gender, national origin, age, abilities, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Working with Us
We are a culture-first organization where rules or processes do not take precedence – people and their ability to make well-reasoned decisions do. You’ll find that our team members are deeply caring, wicked smart, and both tenacious and rigorous in their work.
Our core values are at the heart of everything at ideas42:
- We live and breathe what we do. We look at everything through a BEHAVIORAL LENS.
- We take OWNERSHIP. We don’t just work at ideas42, we take shared responsibility for it.
- We DO GOOD. We use our expertise to improve millions of lives and create a better world for all.
- We have fun. We let PLAYFULNESS inform the way we work and our approach to the world, helping to drive our creativity and improve our solutions.
- We live with a SPIRIT OF GENEROSITY. We approach our colleagues, partners and people whose lives we seek to improve with an attitude of selflessness and cooperation.
- We are TENACIOUS. We never take the easy route, but push to stretch the limits of what’s possible.
- We are RIGOROUS in how we think and how we tackle problems.
Benefits and Compensation
We hope that you are excited by the opportunity to work with us. We are proud to offer a comprehensive and behaviorally designed benefits package and other perks to support our team and allow us to focus on our work of solving tough social problems.
- Insurance: We offer fully-covered medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for you and your families.
- 401(k): We contribute 3%, even if you don’t contribute at all.
- Generous Vacation and Paid Time Off: We’ve built infrastructure to encourage our team to rest and recharge throughout the year.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Fitness benefit
- Compensation: Our compensation is competitive within the non-profit industry.
- Loan Forgiveness: Based on our 501(c)3 status, you are able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.