Sr. Bookkeeper/Operational Accountant
ibV Energy is a US national developer of large-scale solar and storage power plants. We are the US subsidiary of a major global solar IPP, with a fast-moving and dedicated team of development professionals. To date, our pipeline includes close to 1 GW of solar contracts and a development pipeline spanning over 13 states.
This is a very hands-on operational role reporting directly to the CEO of the Company. We seek candidates with applied experience first and foremost, in the fundamental tasks of bookkeeping work. Ideal candidate will have experience with AP/AR management, budgeting, performing journal entries, bank reconciliations, in addition to preparation of financial statements for CPA intake. You will further liaise with the Company’s ParentCo, providing reporting and accounting research as needed, while assisting the CEO in other research areas pertaining to the operations of the firm.
- Manage AP vendor invoices to ensure accuracy, appropriate expense, department and project coding; follow-up on invoice approvals to ensure timely processing and payment to vendors.
- Perform routine GL and bank account reconciliations as part of monthly closing procedures for all assigned programs and projects.
- • Generate reports for the preparation of financial statements and various tax schedules; liaise with the Company’s CPA to ensure reporting accuracy and finalization of statements.
- Review staff expenses to ensure costs items are in line with company policy; manage the company’s expense tracking software and serve as main contact to staff.
- Process staff payroll and benefits; work with third-party administrators (TPA) to ensure accuracy and compliance with annual reporting requirements.
- Liaise with various departments to understand and analyze their monthly cash needs; actively assist executive management with cash and budgetary modeling and capital draw down activities.
- Assist teams with filing, recording and payment of transaction documents (such as land agreements and letters of credit); maintain and keep track of recurring payment activities.
- File and maintain corporate entity information such as EINs, Certificates of Authority, state registration numbers, worker’s compensation and insurance information.
- Liaise with ParentCo staff accountants and financial analysts; perform research and review and prepare reports as needed, including maintaining Group HQ funding records.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance; a CPA designation is a strong plus
- Mastery of Quickbooks or other similar accounting/bookkeeping software
- Applied knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting; candidates with IFRS and/or German accounting standards will be looked upon favorably
- Minimum 4 years of full-cycle A/P experience
- References and background check will be required
We offer flexible health, 401k, PTO and other benefits such as flex work, training and not to be missed, fun corporate retreats!
If you are interested, please send your resume highlighting your knowledge and experience in the key areas noted above. We are seeking an individual to join our team within the next 30 days for this role.