Clinical Content Specialist (Clinical Pharmacist)
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Clinical Content Specialist is responsible for synthesizing multiple, complex sources
of information for content creation, review, and maintenance.
1. Identifies, evaluates, and synthesizes appropriate literature to create clinically accurate
and relevant drug information content for the Micromedex® suite of products and other
Truven Health Analytics clinical workflow solutions
2. Applies critical literature evaluation skills along with knowledge of pharmacokinetics,
pharmacodynamics, disease states, and therapeutic endpoints to accurately assess drug
3. Synthesizes complex information from multiple, sometimes conflicting sources to form
a clinical conclusion
4. Reviews content and provides feedback to writers
5. Researches and resolves clinical editorial inquiries from customers and internal
6. Works on PC and in Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) on a daily basis to complete job
7. Participates as clinical pharmacy subject matter expert on Lean/Agile editorial team,
ensuring team meets content priorities, deadlines, and quality standards
8. Applies critical literature evaluation skills to develop and implement editorial policies
and style guidelines
9. Maintains awareness of current controversies, issues, and developments in drug
therapy and pharmacy practice
10. May provide support to other departments and business units as required
11. Participates in staff development activities in support of maintaining necessary job
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $104,000 to $160,000 is based on a full time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to solve problems, independently organize work and perform multiple tasks
- Effective team member
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Expertise in critical literature evaluation and basic understanding of statistical concepts
- Demonstrated writing ability and knowledge of grammar, punctuation and sentence
- structure; computer literacy; proficiency using MS Office products (Outlook, Word,
- Active, unrestricted pharmacy license required (may be held in any of the 50 states)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PGY1 –General Practice or Specialty residency preferred. PGY2 – Drug Information residency preferred. Board certification preferred. Experience in drug information, pediatrics, infectious disease, critical care, or other specialty practice preferred.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program which may include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid sick time, paid vacation, Short-term Disability (STD), Long-term Disability (LTD), parental bonding leave, paid care leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Program, Special Care for Children Assistance Plan (SCCAP), life insurance, IBM 401(k) Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.