The Sales Support Specialist coordinates the Inside Sales activities for products and services for an assigned customer account base. Working in partnership with Field Sales Representatives, the Specialist will provide quality customer service while implementing proactive sales and efficiency practices that contribute towards ultimate customer satisfaction and division sales growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the information flow between sales and other departments to efficiently analyze, process and respond to: customer orders and inquiries, expedites, technical/product questions, quotations, return/credit requests, new customer applications and general customer inquiries.
- Provide product technical and application assistance by maintaining a strong understanding of all division products and programs and how they relate to competitor’s products and industry standards.
- Improve sales through continual cross selling of our product sets, and utilizing our inventory to sell applications
- Provide positive impact to product line margins and profitability through analysis and negotiation of customer returns/credit requests, and of freight costs prior to the processing of special handling requests.
- Provide optimum customer service through the prioritization and follow-up of critical projects, sales orders and quotations.
- Provide input on departmental proactive sales programs, cost reduction programs, procedural changes and efficiency improvements that will contribute towards sales and profit growth.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills, as well as, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Solid understanding of Windows, Word and Excel. SAPr3 knowledge is preferred.
- Required to support Customer Service extended hours by working one assigned day per week on a 9:30 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. shift. The day will be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.