Essential Job Functions:
- Looking for an experienced Procurement Contract Negotiator who is highly skilled in complex negotiations for the procurement of technical parts, technical services and complex equipment. Ideal candidate is independent, strategic, highly organized and consumer oriented and must be able to perform effectively in a fast paced environment where multitasking and prioritizing is essential.
- Assist Manager of Contracts, Subcontracts and Procurement in all aspects of complex negotiations for the Procurement side of operations. Serve as lead negotiator, make sound and supportable arguments for issue resolution and compromise, assist and provide expert advice to Buyers regarding day-to-day operations, and support review, updating and drafting required Procurement procedures and guidelines. Responsibilities in this position include but is not limited to: analyzing, reviewing and redlining 3rd party agreements in alignment with HRL’s standard terms and best interests; review input from all internal sources to ensure successful vendor selection and sourcing methodology; recognize and seek expert guidance for international procurements; research and provide expert guidance on various rules, regulations, statutes and other contractual terms including mandatory flowdowns; assist in identifying, developing and delivering training on evolving procurement issues and best practices; present to department and internal customers.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with a multi-cultural PhD internal technical staff, internal business functions and other stakeholders at all levels regarding purchasing terms and conditions, applicable Procurement positions and procedures, regulations, clauses and statutes, and best practices that protect HRL. Participate in technical meetings, project reviews and other forums to stay informed of company needs and protections.
- Participate in other special projects as needed to support the broader Contracts, Subcontracts and Procurement functions within HRL.
- 5+ years of paralegal, contract administration or other related experience in a contracts negotiator position in a Contracts department or in-house legal, highly preferable in the Procurement department. Must have complex procurement contracts negotiation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently without instruction while still being interactive, and to adapt, prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume and evolving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to discern and analyze risk while taking the business environment into account in order to recommend creative and strategic practical and achievable solutions for all internal business groups involved.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business-driven deadlines and commitments while maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism.
- Demonstrated exceptional writing, interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor needed to work seamlessly with all internal departments, levels of management and stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, record keeping and record retention skills.
- Demonstrated ability to carefully proof read and pay close attention to detail, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and composition.
- Demonstrated prior vendor management experience, including evaluating performance metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, and subcontracting practices.
- Experience with ISO 9001 or AS9100 desired.
- Computer skills using Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro required.
- Experience with CostPoint and OnBase desired, but will train.
- Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of complex procurement contracts and a demonstrated track record of success in resolving issues.
- Knowledge of Facilities, Utilities and Construction contracts a plus.
- Knowledge of highly technical Equipment and Instrumentation (ie. Clean Room) purchases a plus.+
- Knowledge of IT Enterprise, Licensing and Cloud contracts a plus.
- Understanding of Government FAR/DFARS Clauses and prior Government purchasing experience a plus.
Essential Physical/ Mental Requirements:
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time and be able to access all locations of the company property.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with people and have a focus on customer service for internal customers.
Prefer a minimum of a BA/BS degree; 5+ years of experience in of paralegal, contract administration or other related practical negotiation experience.
Able to work flexible hours. U.S. citizen or permanent resident status required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.