Hospice Social Worker (LMSW) provides and facilitates acquisition of economic, social, and emotional support services to hospice patients and their families/caregivers. Ensures quality of life, comfort, and peace for patients and provide support for their loved ones during their end-of-life journey.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with possession of a current license to practice as a registered professional nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required; hospice, rehab, and/or acute facility/medical surgical environment experience is preferred.
- Skilled in nursing practice with a demonstrated ability to assess and respond to the needs of patients and families.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess sound judgment and demonstrate strong critical thinking skills.
- Thrives working independently
- Compassionate Heart
- Ability to build relationships with patients and their loved ones and make a difference
- True desire to help others in the community
You can make a profound difference in the lives of our patients and their families. With roots dating back to the 1970s, Hospice of Michigan is the most experienced provider of hospice care in the state. We are a non-profit, freeing us to focus entirely on the care of our patients and families. Simply put, we put people first, always. That’s why our standard is Every person, Every time.
Come join us as we work to ensure quality of life, comfort and peace for our patients and provide support for their loved ones during their end-of-life experience. It could be your life’s best work!
What’s in it for you?
· Mileage Reimbursement
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· 4 weeks’ time off
· 403(b) with a generous company match