You are considered someone who is dynamic with a solid mix of communication and computer skills. You like working in a challenging team environment with little direct supervision. You are curious and continuously strive to understand how processes and systems work. You demonstrate patience and a willingness to help develop others to a given standard. You have a good working knowledge of continuous improvement process methodology and tools, along with working knowledge of business policies, procedures, and practices. Strong planning and organizational skills are necessary to coordinate and prioritize workload around multiple assignments and demands. Excellent computer skills are required to operate word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, databases and, project management software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create and maintain standard governance packages
2. Analyze business reporting and perform root cause analysis
3. Present and explain findings across the organization to CS VP
4. Participate in process improvement projects led by CS VP
5. Lead process improvement project teams
6. Prepare customer facing presentation materials
7. Coordinate action items and progress with internal players for customer events
8. Project manage departmental and cross functional system and process projects including deliverables
9. Facilitate governance meetings and potentially Customer facing events
10. Performs routine administrative duties related to timekeeping, office facility, office supplies, job reports, expenses, travel, and other tasks.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Aviation Management, or a related field is required.
2. Experience working with aircraft OEMs, airlines, consultancy firms, MRO organizations or 135 operators through projects/internship/co-op program highly preferred.
3. Previous directly related experience in Business Operations, Parts Logistics, Senior leadership liaison, Contracts or Business Development through projects/internship/co-op program preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong customer service focus is essential
2. Having strong leadership skills and ability to act as a team player.
3. Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and foster positive relationships.
4. Self-motivated, able to work independently, prioritize tasks, manage multiple time sensitive initiatives simultaneously.
5. Ability to mobilize teams cross functionally and influence decisions
6. Excellent communication skills in Business English (read, write, speak)
7. Strong messaging skills for conveying strategic decisions and explorations
8. Possess strong organization/time management skills, with a focus on project management methodology.
9. Must be results oriented with strong decision making ability to include negotiation and conflict resolution skills, along with strong problem solving skills.
10. Strong computer skills needed (Microsoft Suite, Visio)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/13