The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is currently seeking talented candidates for a Bookkeeper at our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC, the Bookkeeper supports a team of engineers who design, manufacture, and test innovative automotive mobility solutions.
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and engineering facility offering development and certification testing to customers worldwide. We have substantial international experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and creation of test programs that are representative of service environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in translating real-world conditions into validated virtual proving ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATC’s location in the great basin of Nevada allows our team to access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150 mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility. NATC’s operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain, that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses, create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to innovate and solve our customer’s problems.
Works under the direct supervision of the Controller. Responsible for the processing of payroll and accounts payable.
1. Processes payroll, commercial billing and Fixed Asset.
2. Collaborate with PM’s regarding billing Commercial Direct Projects.
3. Ensure that Commercial Direct Projects have proper documentation and that billing calculation is correct.
4. Send bill/invoice to customer on timely manner.
5. Maintains fixed asset ledger and depreciation schedules.
6. Performs Fixed Asset reconciliation.
7. Generates monthly Fixed Asset reports.
8. Performs WIP reconciliation.
9. Maintains billing and receipts for all commercial project transactions.
10. Performs journal entries as needed.
11. Researches and resolves any bookkeeping issues related to customer, cost associated to commercial customers, Fixed Asset and employees.
12. Relates well with employees and customers at all levels and at all times in a professional and personable manner.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Assists other accounting staff in the performance of their duties.
2. Assists in special projects.
1. Associates Degree or equivalent with ten (10) years experience in bookkeeping.
2. Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid Nevada Driver’s license.
3. Experience with accounting application software, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and other MS Office products.
4. Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted principles of accounting.
5. Knowledge of 941, w-2 and 1099 filing requirements.
6. Problem solving and analytical skills required.
7. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
8. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
9. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
10. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Work hours may vary due to project needs.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce, and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors.
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.