The Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is currently seeking talented candidates for an Accountant at our Silver Springs, NV location. At NATC, the Accountant will support a team of engineers who design, manufacture, and test innovative automotive mobility solutions.
Founded in 1957, the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) is a privately owned, independent test, evaluation, design and engineering facility offering development and certification testing to customers worldwide. We have substantial international experience, which allows us to evaluate products intended for global markets knowledgeably and objectively. NATC has compiled an extensive database of worldwide operational and infrastructure conditions allowing accurate definition of user duty cycles and creation of test programs that are representative of service environments around the world. NATC is a leading innovator in translating real-world conditions into validated virtual proving ground simulation and virtual prototyping.
NATC’s location in the great basin of Nevada allows our team to access terrain that can represent 85% of the world within a 150 mile radius, providing an excellent test bed for off-road mobility. NATC’s operational area includes 1200 sq. miles of natural terrain, that when coupled with 6,200 acres of privately owned test courses, create an unparalleled testing area available to our engineers to innovate and solve our customer’s problems.
Works under the direct supervision of the Controller. Responsible for assisting in the administration of internal accounting matters. Assists in daily management of the Accounting Department including A/P, A/R, P/R, and Purchasing.
- Assists with month-end close.
- Prepare Journal entries.
- Review GL for proper coding.
- Review AP purchase order for proper project coding.
- Learn process and controls and recommend improvements.
- Cross train with billing clerk and serve as back-up for billing.
- Cross train with payroll and serve as back-up for payroll.
- Review capital purchases and record it in BNA and Cost point.
- Reconciles Fixed Asset accounts on monthly basis.
- Post monthly depreciation and reconciles accumulated depreciation monthly.
- Prepare account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepare weekly engineering report.
- Run Project Revenue Summary report on weekly basis.
- Run other reports that engineers need.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in related field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education.
- Experience with Cost Point/Deltek or automated accounting system.
- Experience in BNA fixed asset software or related fixed asset system.
- Ten key by touch a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical abilities.
- Able to work in excess of 40 hours per week with varied work shifts.
- Possess or be able to obtain and maintain a current Nevada Driver’s License.
- Ability to determine alternative solutions to problems, evaluate courses of action, and reach sound, nonjudgmental management decisions.
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Possess verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
It is the purpose of the Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) to pioneer value-added technical solutions with knowledge, excellence and integrity for our worldwide transportation partners, through personal commitment.
It is the responsibility of all NATC employees to follow adopted safety policies and procedures and to take part in protecting themselves, their coworkers and the organization.
Nevada Automotive Test Center (NATC) values a diverse workforce and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, NATC does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status legally protected by Federal, State, or Local law. NATC assures you that your opportunity with this Company depends solely on your qualifications and other job-related factors
This position is not limited to those duties in the job description. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced, or deleted to meet the business needs of Hodges Transportation, Inc./NATC. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Notify the Human Resources manager if you require any accommodation (s) to perform any of the essential functions of this position.
All employees of this Company are employees at will and, as such, are free to resign at any time without reason. The Company, likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice. Nothing contained in this document or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons and are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.