This position will manage and supervise a department consisting of fire alarm, sprinkler, and general product inspection/service technicians. This is a fast-paced position that requires constant customer & technician follow-up and communication.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the inspection department.
- On-time inspections & delivery of inspection reporting.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving time, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Work with Service Trade (scheduling/invoicing software) to efficiently schedule inspections and create invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Service department management experience preferred.
- Experience in the life safety industry preferred (Fire Alarm Systems, Fire Sprinkler Systems, Fire Extinguishers, or Hood Systems).
- Thorough understanding of, workflow processes, service operation metrics and customer follow-up.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and direct others.
- Familiar with NFPA standards, local codes.
- Communication – Ability to be concise, clear and direct in both written and verbal communication.
- Job Prioritization – Identify the top priority and adjust accordingly by rescheduling and communicating with customer, sales rep and technician.
- Task Oriented – Ability to manage and follow through with multiple ongoing tasks at one time.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- 401(k) with a Company Match.
- Voluntary Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Voluntary Life Insurance.
- Paid Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
The Hiller Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, ADA Compliant and a drug free work place.