- A minimum of three years of fire alarm/special hazards field service experience.
- Perform service, installation, and inspection activities on fire alarm systems, Access Control, Etc.
- Perform duties such as running conduit, pulling wire, mounting devices and panels, reading blue prints, room integrity test, organizing supplies and performing final, accurate and complete test.
- Perform duties in a cost effective manner while inspecting thoroughly the fire protection system at each scheduled location.
- Identify deficiencies utilizing NFPA code and provide accurate and proper documentation to correct problem.
- Must have NICET certification in fire alarm or suppression.
- Be a self-motivator with little direct supervision required.
- Maintain accurate and precise documentation daily.
- Perform work in an efficient and organized manner.
- Inspectors must prepare accurate and timely inspection reports with signature from customer and turned in daily to Inspection manager.
- Knowledge of all NFPA codes and standards (Fire, Sprinkler, Elevator, HVAC, and Electrical) and common materials, multiple manufactures products, and installation process
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to climb ladders, operate high lift equipment, carry and move material.
- Communicate in a professional manner and provide excellent customer service.
- Display professional appearance.
- Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and solutions.
- Valid and clean driver’s license required.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background.
Perform fire alarm and special hazard suppression inspections including FM-200, Halon 1301, and Novec 1230. Experience with Water Mist, Inergen, High & Low Pressure Carbon Dioxide systems not necessary but considered a plus.
Provide emergency service to investigate and diagnose alarm and trouble conditions to determine cause and take corrective action in order to bring system back to a normal and armed condition.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Paid Leave
The Hiller Companies, Inc. is a drug free work place, ACA compliant and an Equal Opportunity Employer.