As a key member of Helpsy’s management team, the Healthcare Contract Manager is responsible for the development, negotiation, and maintenance of all healthcare contracts. Key factors include assertively supporting the sales growth by developing new contracts with payers and expanding services with payers that have existing contracts. The position leads the entire contract process from pre-contract through post-signature phases, and closely collaborates with the sales team and internal departments to ensure staff are informed of new contracts, changes to existing contracts and updates to the medical and billing policies of the payers we serve. Responsibilities:
- Develop, negotiate and maintain contracts with all payers, e.g., insurance companies, MSOs, IPAs, TPAs and government programs. This includes researching territories to identify gaps with our payer base and supporting the expansion into new markets.
- Actively participate in establishing strategic business goals with the Leadership Team.
- Assure contractual arrangements meet financial targets and legal/regulatory compliance requirements. There will be an emphasis on analyzing cost and utilization data.
- Facilitate the approval process of all contract documents from pre-contract through post signature phases.
- Responsible for the accuracy of supporting documentation for contracts and completing documents accurately.
- Develop and maintain processes that provide timely notification of critical contract events (e.g., renewals, termination and due dates contained within the agreements).
- Maintain existing relationships with contracted providers. Ensure contractual language is kept current; evaluate fee schedule on a yearly basis to identify possible opportunities for additional covered services, medical policy changes and reimbursement.
- Coordinate and communicate contractual terms to the billing department; ensure staff is informed of changes in medical policy & billing policies.
- Conduct on-going assessments of assigned networks and make recommendations for strategic initiatives, goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain periodic, e.g., bi-weekly, reports on the status of all contracts.
- Assure accurate data entry of contract specifications and terms into database and completeness of all contracting processes.
- Maintain excellent written and verbal communication with all internal and external customers.
- Effectively and professionally represent SleepQuest to the provider community.
- Assist with all contracting administration and projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with hospital, clinic, physician, and/or primary care and health system contracting
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare industry, legal and regulatory requirements
- Willingness to actively participate in all aspects of the contract administrative process. This is a hands-on working role as opposed to a lead and direct staff role.
- Exceptional and proven provider partnership skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent contract negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to internal and external groups
- Results driven, persistent – able to self-direct and work independently showing initiative, while seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail and be flexible in a fast paced and growing organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated strength in computer software, e.g., MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, social media and internet-based research.
- Experience working at a medical insurance company, MSO, IPA, TPA highly preferred
- Knowledge and use of Brightree software preferred but not required.