The Case Analyst is responsible for creating computer 3D models of coronary arteries from cardiac medical imaging (CT scans). These 3D coronary artery models show how narrowings and blockages impact blood flow. Creation of the model is done through the use of HeartFlow developed software and processes.
In this role, you will work within an operations team to process individual models on a recurring basis. A variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to: radiology, medical technicians, biological sciences, 3D animation, and/or CAD/visual inspection may qualify for this position. Due to the unique skills needed, employees will be trained on the specific software tools, CT image visualization process, and technology used/developed by HeartFlow.
The work we do supports hospitals, physicians, and emergency room patients in countries around the world 24/7/365. This position requires flexibility of work hours and a willingness to work non-traditional hours, including weekends. This is a full-time, hourly compensated position.
- Interpret CT imaging data, per regulated process, to generate custom 3D computer models that are used for fluid dynamic simulations and sent to the customer for interpretation of patient outcome.
- Perform in-process visual inspections and verifications on image data quality and models while maintaining high levels of quality and efficiency.
- Comfortable working in a highly regulated environment where all activities must be performed in compliance with the outlined procedures. Document all work appropriately.
- Under minimal supervision, perform visual inspection, determining conformance to applicable work instructions and adhering to quality standards.
- Comfortable providing consultations to team members on CT image interpretation (per process) and provide feedback as needed.
- Provide testing and feedback for new product versions and process updates.
- Highly motivated to produce high quality and process compliant work with prolonged focus.
- Supportive teammate with a willingness to contribute to operations projects to improve future processes.
- Ability to organize tasks and work independently on multiple projects, while achieving goals and deadlines.
- Comfortable and proficient with computers. Ability to distinguish user error from software bugs.
- Open to receiving and providing constructive feedback on a daily basis, while using the feedback to improve.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Availability to work non-traditional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Experience with medical imaging technologies is preferred.
Educational Requirements and Work Experience
- One of the following is required:
- BS/BA degree in relevant field
- 3D Modeling or 3D Animation degree
- Radiology technology program
- Associates degree in healthcare or engineering
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, a plus
- Experience with GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations, a plus
- Medical device manufacturing experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Computer-based technical program preferred
- Visual inspection experience preferred
- Strong computer skills needed
- 3D modeling a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Physical Demands of the Job
- Office environment with prolonged hours of computer use
- Good visual acuity
- Contrast sensitivity to grayscale
- Color perception
- Due to the nature of the highly regulated environment, Case Analysts are expected to work in a light-controlled production environment.