Responsible for maintaining and analyzing data in the HR information system. Collects data requirements, programs reports, maintains system security and data integrity.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Designs and implements reports to help management make appropriate strategic decisions including programming and coding to pull ad hoc reports. Assists internal customers refine requirements for report requests.
- Automates processes using software applications in order to accelerate productivity.
- Applies patches, upgrades, and enhancements to the HR software application so problems are minimal.
- Maintains the integrity of organizational data in the HR information system.
- Analyzes system data and translates its relevance to the end-user.
- Maintains and updates access to and security of the HR information system.
- Assists with associate and information loads into the HR information system.
- Aids in system recovery in the event of a disaster.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Experience designing and implementing software applications.
- Ability to analyze requirements and translate to specific end-user requirements.
- 2-5 years of experience supporting HRIS systems; preferred Workday experience.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Proficient in Excel and data management.