HCSS, an award-winning “Best Place to Work in Texas” for 13 years in a row, is looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Developer who will bring expertise in automated testing and influence each development team to adopt unit testing as part of their software development life cycle in an effective way.
We are open to considering candidates outside of the Houston, TX area providing that you can relocate to Houston post-COVID.
As a QA Automation Developer, you’ll join our Quality Improvement Team to:
- Work within the product development teams to implement a unit testing framework from scratch.
- Determine best practices in unit testing, create examples, and train other developers to create valuable unit tests as part of their regular development process.
- Create automated end-to-end UI tests using Ranorex or other tools.
- Website development for the releases and roadmaps sites in React.
- Observe and consult teams on process improvements to drive efficiency in their software development and testing practices.
- Become a subject matter expert in at least one HCSS Product.
- Build relationships with members of at least one Development team and assist them with manual functional and regression testing.
- Work closely with a development team to determine what automated tests should be created to add the most value to that team.
Knowledge and skills you’ll need to be successful in the role include:
- At least 1 year of experience in writing automated tests and unit tests.
- Knowledge about change management and/or process improvement.
- Passion to help build high-quality products for construction professionals around the world.
“Nice to haves”:
- Have worked in an agile development and process team
With the variety of amazing perks we offer to all employees (including 100% paid medical and dental premiums, on-site wellness amenities, employee stock ownership, and more), we recognize that no one wants to feel stagnant. Therefore we’ll provide you with the resources to grow further through our continuous learning and educational advancement funds.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to take charge of your career and make your impact. The sky’s the limit on what you can achieve!
Part of our recruitment process includes an easy 8th-grade level math/logic test. Most people finish this in 15 minutes or less. HCSS will automatically send you an email after you apply with the test link. In case this is not in your inbox, please also check your spam/junk mail folder. If this is a re-application for the same position, please utilize the test link that was sent to you in your original application.
We have a carefully selected group of agency partnerships that we’re not looking to expand at this time. Any unsolicited resumes will be deemed the property of HCSS.
This is NOT a contract position, and at this time we are NOT sponsoring H1-B Visas. While we are located in the Sugar Land (Houston), TX area, you will work remotely during COVID. Relocation assistance is possible.