The Transportation Analyst will manage product delivery, monitor service and drive improved on time performance by managing carriers and exception management. With 36,400 deliveries annually, this Analyst will be in charge of defining and operating the delivery monitoring processes to ensure that the right tactic to improve on time performance, communicate, escalate and follow up on any delivery or service issues with the stores. This may include following up with our carriers, distribution centers or dispatch centers. The goal is to minimize service disruption to the stores and maximize productivity to achieve overall company’s financial objectives.
- The Transportation Analyst is responsible for developing and implementing service and delivery strategies for designated channels. He/She will conduct quantitative analysis to make independent decisions in accordance with the company’s delivery strategies and objectives. The position will manage delivery to stores by executing standard channel processes for all stores.
- The Transportation Mangement Analyst will be accountable for ensuring that stores are at optimal On time performance levels and that communication and escalation requirements are met in case of disruption.
- The Transportation Mangement Analyst will work to improve delivery processes and ensure that the right level of tracking and tracing, communication and escalation are executed. This analyst will be working closely with to optimize store delivery and improve the On time performance by recommending and executing the customer care process, identify opportunities for improvement, reduce on time delivery failures, identify problem carriers, districts and stores. This position will also maintain an open line of collaboration and communication with the cross functional teams and stores alike regarding delivery needs and strategies to drive sales and overall support of smooth delivery processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily analysis and execution of the customer care process for all stores
- Monitor and manage store delivery to reduce service disruption and escalate delivery issues
- Determine strategy and execute on key In Store Events and special flows
- Work collaboratively with stores to improve delivery performance considering each store’s unique situation and constraints
- Develop scorecards, dashboards, and exception reports to pinpoint opportunities for improvement in store delivery
- Collaborate with department members to provide insight to help maintain the appropriate DC Safety Stock level for all items
- Provide delivery strategies to cross functional department to assist in all special needs as requested.
- Analyze and make recommendations on improved delivery performance
- Additional duties as assigned by manager
• Supervises staff – N/R
• Financial Scope – N/R
• Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
• Decision Making – Creates policy and resolves problems
• Travel – N/R
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Statistics or Applied Mathematics strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience
- Strong analytical background with high expertise in Access/Excel.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected as part of the job performance and will need to rely on judgment and experience to accomplish goals.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Understanding and experience in project management and exposure to project management methodologies
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.