We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking a candidate to fill a full time Roadway Technician position in our Corpus Christi, TX office.
Hanson is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA.
This position will work within our Infrastructure Market in the Roadway Discipline on highway, interstate, and local roadway projects, as well as to help support projects in our other markets. Position requires the ability to work as part of multidisciplinary design teams to plan and execute projects for a variety of clients including local governments, state departments of transportation, and private industry throughout Texas and beyond. It is important that this position can support project teams from initial planning through design to construction. This position is an entry to mid-level position geared for professional learning, growth, and increased responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Perform engineering calculations, utilize computer software for analysis and design, and work efficiently with other team members for project completion. Design/support and preparation of construction plans for roadway planning and design projects. Expected to understand and apply CAD standards to a variety of projects. Will learn to process survey data and assist with plans, profiles, cross-sections, 3-D modeling and other related requirements as part of the overall preparation of bidding/construction documents. Collaborate with Senior Technical staff. Learn and perform roadside safety design and maintenance of traffic design. There may be opportunities to perform roadway drainage design, traffic analyses, and/or construction observation. Other duties as assigned.
- AS in Civil Drafting or related technical experience.
- 0 to 10 years of roadway project experience.
- CAD experience and/or willingness to learn AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Experience with or willingness to learn one or more of the following is desirable: Civil3D, OpenRoads, Geopak Modeler, Autoturn and ArcGIS.
- Perform calculations and provide engineering solutions to complex problems with oversight from a professional engineer or supervisor.
- Adhere to project deadlines and keep supervisory staff informed of any difficulties encountered on assignments.
- Self-direct, plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish the work assigned.
- Read and comprehend as-built drawings, construction specifications, codes and regulations, and technical information to develop drawings.
- Maintain technical knowledge with regard to computers, software, and design techniques.
- Learn and adapt to new programs and adjust to changes in product and client demands.
- Execute and adhere to quality assurance requirements.
- Civil3D and/or Open Roads Modeler experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to develop and present concepts.
- Must be able to build effective relationships with internal and external client bases.
- Strong oral communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
Working at Hanson:
- Must be able to collaborate remotely with colleagues in other offices.
- Candidate must be willing to accept out-of-town travel assignments and to work overtime to meet project demands.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
As employers/governmental contractors, we comply with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities where they apply. To assist us in meeting our affirmative action goals, employees are encouraged to refer minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY — AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
EEO / MINORITY / FEMALE / INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES / VETERANS