We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Hanson Professional Services Inc. is seeking candidates to fill a civil designer position. The target candidate office is Corpus Christi, Texas.
Hanson is a dynamic, employee-owned consulting firm of more than 400 employees providing a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, scientific, and allied services throughout the USA.
Position Profile: The position will be responsible for supporting all elements of site and municipal civil engineering including design of paving, drainage, earthwork, and utilities.
The target candidate will offer 1-4 years of experience applying civil engineering concepts development and/or implementation of construction plans and enjoy the comradery of working as part of a team.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- ·Perform design engineering duties including analysis, preparation of calculations, development and drafting of details, preparation of specifications and estimates, and the preparation and production of construction plans; and
- Coordinate and communicate field construction activities with client, contractor, and peer designers.
- CAD proficiencies – Autodesk or Microstation products.
- Practical experience working in a civil consulting or civil construction environment.
- Interest in experiencing a variety of assignments.
- Possess the passion for and the ability to apply innovative planning, design, and data collection and/or processing technologies.
- Department of Transportation project experience a plus but not required.
- Assessment, analysis, and mapping development with GIS products is also a plus, but not required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are required, including being able to communicate complex technical concepts both visually and in text, to other peers, clients, and public stakeholders.
- Must be able to build productive relationships with internal and external client bases; and
- ·Must be able to work independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills.
- ·A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- A minimum of 2 years of post-graduate, professional work experience.
- ·Possess an Engineer in Training (EIT) certification in the state of Texas.
Working at Hanson:
- Work assignment flexibility including being available to travel for out-of-town assignments.
- This position has a periodic and variable project work schedule. Hours vary based on project demands including required overtime.