PC Specialist 1 (2518-12)
Deadline to Apply: April 13,2021
Hamilton County Job & Family Services
222 E. Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Starting Salary: $20.70 an hour
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: Inventory of Criminal Offenses Ruling Out Consideration for Hire. Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Associate degree in computer science/electronics OR three (3) years of directly related experience in PC technical support
- working knowledge and/or experience with a variety of business software packages including Windows operating systems or MS Office suite applications
- must obtain Comp TIA A+ Certification upon completion of probationary period
- must hold a valid driver’s license in state of residence and current insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates can be developed after employment)
Agency policies and procedures*, a variety of business software including Windows 10, MS Office applications, networking, and e-mail.
Define technical problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; interpret extensive variety of technical material; understand manuals and verbal instructions; prepare meaningful, concise and accurate reports; work independently and with a team; communicate effectively; collaborate effectively and efficiently with co-workers on group projects
Installing, maintaining, customizing, and operating personal computers, MFDs, copiers, and printers (includes troubleshooting these devices) and in using mobile technology; providing excellent customer service.
- Experience in Mobile Management using programs such as Microsoft InTune, AirWatch, etc. Familiarity with mobile devices such as iPhone 6s and up, Android operating systems.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products such as Surface Pro LTE and Surface Pro laptops.
PHYSICAL and/or MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule and willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be willing to support agency satellite offices as needed and assigned.
- Required to carry a cell phone.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Acts as a liaison between Information Systems and its customers, providing first and second tier technical support to determine corrective action on reported problems with software, personal computers, mobile devices, peripherals, MFDs, and stand-alone printers, fax machines, and copiers. Reviews and analyzes user requests for software upgrades, relocations and removal of new and existing equipment. Serves as a liaison with our network administrators, developers, and other user areas to maintain appropriate services.
- Responsible for installing, testing, and repairing peripheral equipment (e.g. monitors, hard drives, interface cards, modems, printers, etc.) and configuring PC based application and operating system software. Works with vendors to resolve repair calls and defective equipment. Assists with the issuance and tracking of mobile devices. Ensures consistent record keeping of equipment using our in-house databases which can include scanning and indexing documents.
- Assists with one-on-one and small group technical training. Participates in training to stay current with technology and customer service. Provides Help desk coverage as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attends conferences and training