Human Services Manager- Fam/ AA 3 Section Chief (2523-12)
Deadline to Apply:
April 19, 2021
Hamilton County Job and Family Services
222 East Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
$35.21 an hour
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: Inventory of Criminal Offenses Ruling Out Consideration for Hire. Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Therapeutic Recreation, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Human Services (including a clinical practicum of at least one (1) year), Mental Health Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Public Administration or other closely related field etc.) from an accredited college or university; AND Six (6) years of experience in the delivery of human services in governmental, community, or private human support services agency of which two (2) years includes supervision. OR
- Associate’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Special Education, Therapeutic Recreation, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Human Services (including a clinical practicum of at least one (1) year), Mental Health Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Public Administration or other closely related field etc.) from an accredited college or university; AND Eight (8) years of experience in the delivery of human services in governmental, community, or private human support services agency of which two (2) years includes supervision. OR
- High School Diploma or GED; AND Ten (10) years of experience in client services supervisory work.
Administrative Secretary; Technical Service Advisor; up to 10 Team Leaders and/or other managers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates developed after employment)
Knowledge of: agency personnel policies and procedures, the union contract, principles of management, leadership and budgeting, public assistance programs (OWF, FS, Medicaid, PRC)
Ability to: lead large groups of staff; communicate (written and verbal); plan and implement; work in partnership and as a team leader and member; develop and provide training*
Skills in: demonstrated skill in analyzing information, drawing logical/valid conclusions, and developing plans. Use of PC software programs used by the agency*, CRIS-E*, DCMU*, SETS*, Children Service computer systems* and other computer programs.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Job Duties (Summary):
- Manages, directs and coordinates Client Services Section consisting of up to 16 line units. Coordinates, analyzes, develops and implements policies, procedures and programs related to public assistance of the programs, in conjunction with other section leaders and experts in each of the fields. Interprets agency, state and federal policies and programs to staff, as necessary facilitates and coordinates communication and protocols for serving families. Responsible for the distribution of manual materials, bulletins, and other information materials to appropriate levels of staff. Directs, manages and plans with administrators for the implementation of new policies procedures and programs.
- Partnering with the appropriate Client Services Section Chief, may be responsible for directing and managing subordinates, assigning duties, leading combined management team meetings for planning and communication purposes. May be responsible for coordinating the filling of positions based on jointly determined staffing needs. Disciplines subordinates when necessary and approves/denies recommendations on hiring, suspending, terminating section staff. Makes recommendations on hiring, suspending or terminating direct reports. Provides supervision and consultation with team leaders, line supervisors and other subordinate staff. Responsible for evaluating team leaders, at a minimum, in the areas of communication, staff management and teamwork. Schedules and participates in individual and group conferences with appropriate personnel. Approves vacation and leave requests for all section personnel based upon agency procedures and policies established within the section.
- Acts as Agency representative to community organizations, hospitals, schools and other organizations serving children and families in Hamilton County. Attends community meetings and workshops to inform the community of available services. Works to help determine and develop needed services in the communities. Acts as a spokesperson for the agency, with the media, regarding agency policies and case situations for public assistance, etc.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the operating budget for the Section. Monitors the program and staff expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility throughout the budget year.
- Attends or presents required training, conferences and/or seminars. Performs other related duties as assigned.