Transportation Policy Analyst will function at the Guidehouse Senior Consultant staff level. Senior Consultants are second level non-management consultants that will have responsibility for client management, solution implementation and generation of project results. The Transportation Policy Analyst will own project workstreams and interact with the client daily to ensure engagement success. This includes supporting day-to-day operational meetings with client sponsors and consulting leaders. Transportation Policy Analyst are expected to prepare and communicate well-organized, effective reports and presentations to client and internal executives. You will lead, coach and mentor consultants and ensure quality deliverables.
- Support Federal transportation client in the analysis of transportation safety and mobility data to support policy decisions and infrastructure investments
- Conduct benefit-cost analyses and regulatory impact analyses to support and justify policy decisions and infrastructure investments
- Support risk management processes and programs, including collecting and analyzing multi-modal safety data
- Analyze and synthesize multi-modal transportation data, including mobility, safety, and economic data
- Support cross-agency collaboration for policy and rulemaking development
- Develop work products that clearly synthesize information into recommendations for clients
- Facilitate client meetings to gather data and understand client needs and desired outcomes
- Provide guidance, coaching, and quality assurance to junior staff
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Transportation Policy Analyst, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you hone your project management skills, leadership abilities and the aptitude for managing multiple workstreams, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Managing Consultant level.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting or federal-level transportation consulting/research; Work experience as federal transportation economist may be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet and pass requirements for a Public Trust
- Currently reside or ability to relocate to Washington DC area
- Due to Federal contract requirement must meet US Citizenship restrictions
In addition to the above listed requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in transportation engineering or planning
- Experience providing consulting services to federal agencies, departments or bureaus
- Experience working with transit/transportation agencies
- Experience working with state departments of transportation
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program