What Does a Sales Representative do?
Sales Representatives have a primary focus of serving our customers and growing our existing accounts. Our Sales Representatives handle a wide range of responsibilities within our organization such as inside sales, outside sales, customer service, promotions, problem resolution, special events, and distribution. As we are a wholesale distributor, much of our business is conducted over the phone. Sales Representatives typically spend 70-80% of each week on the phone in the beginning.
· Meet deadlines, establish an appropriate priority level of assigned tasks, and get the job done in a timely manner.
· Answer customers ‘questions on products and distribution and provide solutions/recommendations by having a strong understanding of Grimco’s top selling and basic product lines (as well as common industry products and brands).
· Enter orders, customer information, and purchasing trends into our various computer systems (Order Power, CRM database, Reporting Services, Website, etc.).
· Understand Grimco departmental processes including accounting, purchasing, resolutions, and manufacturing.
· Receive calls from local and regional customers (approximately 30 calls per day).
· Proactively call existing customers to research trends/needs, relationship management, follow-up, etc. (approximately 30 calls per day).
· Promote daily/weekly/monthly specials via inside sales call projects.
· Maintain a positive and productive attitude.
· Contribute to all sales and GP goals.
· Assist with miscellaneous projects and duties (catalog/sample mailings, brochures, warehouse, special event planning and execution, etc.) to support team members and grow our business.
· Be on time to work and all other appointments.
· 0-5 years of previous sales, marketing, or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
· Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university (final semester applicants welcome).
· Computer literate – MS Office Suite, internet navigation, and order entry experience.
· Confidence and positive attitude are a MUST! Goal-oriented and competitive in sales/marketing activities.
· Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Ability to work hard and smart – never satisfied with the status quo.
· Ability to take direction and to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and true commitment to customers.
· Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, assist in distribution operations, and squat, bend, kneel, and lift 5-50 lbs.
· Drive personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement available) to outside sales appointments – must have current registration and valid license.
· Travel for sales visits, special events, and training (local/regional travel 5-25% of time).
New to the Sign Industry? What is Training Like?
· Focused training time consisting of a mix of one-on-one training, virtual training, and shadowing
· Majority of time training is focused on products, computer systems, phones/customers, sales/service, purchasing, logistics, web store, marketing, safety, accounting, human resources, and reports.
· Split between break-out sessions and hands-on learning environment.
· Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employee approaches tasks and achieves goals.
· Full-time salary includes training period. Travel accommodations and expenses provided per Grimco National Travel Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.