GSPP has become one of the fastest growing solar companies in the United States, experiencing a growth rate of 1,021% from 2016 to 2019. GSPP’s proven dependability, experience within the industry, and established portfolio of over 120 MW operational and over 300 MW in the pipeline, underpin its success as one of the leading solar developers and owners in the country.
GSPP is headquartered in Stamford, CT, with an additional office for its legal team in Tallahassee, Florida. Since its inception, the company has grown from two founders to over 45 employees.
Green Street Power Partners (GSPP) is excited to announce the opportunity for a collaborative, highly driven and results-oriented professional to join our growing due diligence team! As an important contributor within a fast-paced company environment, this hands-on position requires a high attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to work within a cross-functional team of professionals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development and a desire to work with lenders, customers, contractors, and many other external parties. Reporting to our General Counsel, the Due Diligence Associate / Underwriter will ensure developed and acquired solar projects are up to standard and can be successfully transitioned to GSPP’s portfolio. The Due Diligence Associate / Underwriter will also be responsible for conducting extensive research on potential GSPP solar projects. The ability to work independently and collaborate with team members is critical, as well as the desire and innovative mindset to operate as an important contributor to our dynamic team.
- Manage and perform due diligence on solar assets in multi-site portfolios in structured transactions
- Thoroughly review complex project documents – including site leases, power purchase agreements, and environmental and local permitting – to flag potential issues and inconsistences
- Create and maintain record for all open diligence items and closing checklists during a transaction, from origination/acquisition through capital funding
- Effectively communicate and translate project details and issues internally across the Underwriting, Legal, Operations, and Construction teams
- Document project underwriting information for key clients and counterparties in reports, checklists, memos, and data rooms
- Research state solar incentives and environmental legislation as needed
- Adeptly sustain stakeholder relationships and maintain positive, productive communication through challenging conversations
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Political Science, Environmental Studies, Government, Pre-Law, or related field)
- Preferred: 1+ years’ experience with solar energy, real estate due diligence, permitting, or legal analysis
- Keen attention to detail: ability to thoroughly review complex documents and flag potential issues and inconsistencies
- Highly organized: ability to manage and track progress across multiple projects at once; keep data rooms up to date with project documents
- Ability to adapt: pivot between multiple high priority tasks and meet new challenges as they arise
- Excellent research capabilities; desire to read legislation
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate complex issues and problem-solve within a team
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office tools and other relevant technology platforms
- Belief in the power of renewable energy to tackle the climate crisis