GRAEF, a leading U.S. consulting firm, has been providing exceptional careers and quality engineering, planning and design services to our clients since 1961. We recognize that the best workplaces are filled with technically excellent, innovative, creative, and highly motivated people. GRAEF is more than just a business. We are a committed employer and community member. We invest in our employees as we do our clients, providing a challenging and rewarding environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. GRAEF values exciting work and lasting relationships; we embody values that speak to loyalty, service, quality and integrity; and we strive to grow with these ideas leading the way. We’re looking for people who agree that in addition to technical excellence, it’s all about relationships! What are you looking for in a career? The opportunity to work on exciting, high-profile projects? The satisfaction and security of working at an employee-owned company? Or maybe the opportunity to improve the quality of life – not just for you and your family, but for the worldwide community at large?
We have an entry level Bridge Engineer opportunity on our growing Bridge team in our Chicago O’Hare office. This position offers rewarding project challenges and an opportunity to become part of a well-established technical group.
As an Entry Level Bridge Engineer at GRAEF, enjoy responsibilities like:
- Designing and preparing plans and specifications for transportation structures, including highway and railroad bridges, retaining walls and box culverts under the supervision of the lead structural engineer, per IDOT, Tollway and CDOT requirements.
- Assemble design documentation, reports, and quantity calculations for checking, and participate in checking the work of others.
- Preform structural inspection of bridges and highway structures.
- Perform work as part of a team, in accordance with project budget and schedule under moderate supervision.
To be considered for our Entry Level Bridge Engineer position, we are seeking candidates who meet the following basic qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis in course work.
- A Master’s degree in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- Relatable internship experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MicroStation programs. Ability to develop details, drawings and plan sheets in MicroStation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of structural analysis and design programs preferred.
- EIT Certification a plus.
We are proud to offer you a complete benefit package to include:
- Medical/Dental/Audio/Visual Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Training, Mentorship, and Leadership Development Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A team atmosphere dedicated to open communication and collaboration
- Flexible Schedule/Remote work options
- Embed yourself in the community by participating in numerous outside activities that GRAEF endorses and supports
- Corporate Casual Dress
GRAEF is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – Disabled/Vets