The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for cultivating relationships with campus partners, and leading, managing, planning, and delivering marketing and communications support on behalf of the Gonzaga Marketing and Communications (MarCom) department. This position works to support the strategic priorities of campus partners in alignment with Marcom’s three key focus areas: Enrollment, Fundraising/Advancement, and Brand. Works directly with MarCom teams including visual design, website, storytelling/content/social media, visual media (staff photographer and staff videographer), as well as outside vendors to develop integrated marketing campaigns, coordinate project teams, create project plans, execute on those plans, and, when needed, develop and edit content for web, social media, print, and video projects. This position supervises the Visual Designers, as well as various student positions. This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in marketing and communications role(s) that includes project management, marketing strategy and implementation, and content writing and editing.
•Ability to apply defined objectives in marketing strategy, advertising, media, and brand management to client projects.
• Experience managing projects that involve all forms of media ranging from print, to broadcast/video, to web communications and interactive media.
• Project management experience with demonstrated successful results, particularly in the areas of managing timelines and working with clients.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and manage project teams and clients with competing demands/priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience in copywriting for marketing campaigns/projects.
• Demonstrated ability to manage the production of high-quality marketing materials for print, interactive/web, video, and social media.
• Demonstrated understanding of marketing analytics and ability to apply them to projects.
• Professionalism, maturity, and judgment in all client interactions.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Experience at a marketing, advertising, and/or PR agency in a project or account management role.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Experience working with print vendors and knowledge of print production processes.
• Experience managing web projects and familiarity with web technologies.
• Experience with social media marketing and communications.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
For more information or to apply, please visit http://gonzaga.peopleadmin.com/