There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
GM Rochester is looking for a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Developer Co-Op to build and support our custom MES application. You will work alongside our Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality teams to analyze requirements, and then design and develop solutions. The plant is a high volume, fast paced environment where your work will directly impact production quality and performance.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) development and performance tuning of database schema, stored procedures, etc.
- Ad-hoc and planned data visualization and report development using Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, etc.
- Perform ground-up design and development of new features and maintenance of existing applications
- Ensure optimal system performance and uptime
- Design and implement SQL queries and new reports to support business needs
- Work with users on a day-to-day basis to be continuously aware of their specific requirements and issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance of system on in the manufacturing environment
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar
- Able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure and time-sensitive situations
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Able to work independently and communicate well on a small team of people
- Able to extract business requirements effectively from other teams like Engineering, Quality, and IT
- Driven to produce high quality results
- Experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting websites
- Knowledgeable with SQL optimization for high volume and large databases
- Understanding in SQL Server database functions and related usage like transaction processing, indexing, and performance
- Working knowledge of SQL Server-related development environments (SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking/deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, data replication issues etc.
- Industrial automation experience
- Expert use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Additional Job Description
Student must be available May/June – December 2021 or August/September – December 2021.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.