The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
We are looking for a Mass Spectrometry Scientist to join our growing scientific support team in the US. This position will leverage your knowledge and expertise in mass spectrometry and data analysis in support of biopharmaceutical customers using our highly innovative software product Genedata Expressionist®. The software addresses critical needs of biotherapeutic research and development organizations seeking scalability and flexibility for a variety of mass spectrometry based applications.
As part of our professional services team, you will act at the interface of science and business as a Mass Spectrometry Expert, working closely with external customers as well as internal sales and development teams. We are looking for someone who is curious and inquisitive, with an ability to understand and present complex issues in a simple and rational way.
This interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a successful, cutting-edge software solution. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
This full-time position is based at our office in Lexington, MA. It requires about 20% travel within North America, and occasional travel to Europe.
- Support our users as a domain expert in mass spectrometry data analysis
- Respond to customer inquiries and troubleshooting requests
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Support our sales teams with product expertise, scientific presentations, and software demonstrations
- Identify customer needs, and map them to the capabilities of the software
- Manage software installations and upgrades for customers
- Define appropriate service projects with customers to fulfill unmet needs
- Manage, execute, and deliver service projects for our customers
- Compile customer feedback and identify new analytical methods and solutions to address customers’ challenges.
Skills & Experience
- Ph.D. in Analytical Sciences, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or related fields
- 3+ years of relevant experience in mass spectrometry
- Background in protein analysis and biotherapeutics characterization are highly desirable
- Understanding of statistics and familiarity with UNIX systems are a plus
- Good presentation abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.