The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
Are you a scientist or computational biologist with an interest in analyzing and interpreting ‘omics datasets and genome/proteome sequences? Does the idea of working in partnership with the world’s leading agribusiness, industrial biotechnology, and pharmaceutical companies to solve big data challenges sound exciting to you? If so, we would like to talk with you as we seek to grow our interdisciplinary scientific consulting and application support team in our East Coast Office.
As a Field Application Scientist for the Genedata Selector platform, you will work with our scientific team to support customer projects, answer technical questions, and find creative approaches to genomic-scale problems. You will work in a variety of diverse application areas including comparative genomics, metagenomics, biosafety, short read sequence, and statistical analysis of quantitative data. You will also act as an interface between science and sales, working closely with external customers and internal sales and software engineering teams.
- Scientific consulting and professional service activities for customer projects, working with customer’s cross functional partners including scientific and IT partners
- Identify customer needs, and map them to the capabilities of the software
- Troubleshoot scientific and technical support issues and capture user feedback
- Communicate customer needs and coordinate activities internally with the scientific consulting and professional services team, business account managers and product managers
- Support our sales team with product expertise, scientific presentations, and software demonstrations
- Present the product vision of Genedata Selector to prospects and customers
- Internet-based and on-site product training sessions with customers
- Identify new business opportunities with business account managers
- Define appropriate service projects with customers to fulfill unmet needs.
Skills & Experience
- MS or PhD in biology, microbiology, bioinformatics, or similar discipline
- 3 years’ experience working in a biopharma, industrial biotech, agribusiness or related life sciences environment using standard bioinformatics tools and databases
- Experience in analyzing next generation sequencing data (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, metagenomics, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about applications and tools commonly used for next generation sequencing analysis
- Related statistical analysis experience
- Proficient working in a UNIX environment and with using a scripting or programming language (e.g. Perl, Python, Java)
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases (e.g. Oracle) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Must be currently located in the United States
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.