We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to come join our team in State College, PA.
The candidate will be responsible for design and production of documents with the assistance of cad techs; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; plumbing systems; fluid distribution systems; fire protection systems; site utilities; and process mechanical systems. Experience required includes systems design and applications, economic evaluations, life-cycle cost analyses, energy conservation, equipment selection, specifications, construction estimating, bidding documents and construction administration. Work also involves field surveys of mechanical systems and performing energy studies. Projects involve public works, industrial, military, mass transit, health-care, educational, and commercial facilities. This is an opportunity to join a growing firm, office and group with excellent benefits, compensation and education opportunities.
- Survey and studies of building mechanical equipment and systems
- Design of HVAC systems, building automation systems, plumbing systems and fire suppression systems
- Progress and other report writing
- Project specification writing
- Proactive problem identification and resolution
- Coordination and verification of project deliverables
- Assistant project management duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT is preferred. PE highly desirable
- 5-20 years experience in a consulting mechanical engineering firm with a thorough understanding of mechanical building codes and construction standards
- Understanding of DDC controls and controls design and operation
- Knowledge of Engineering programs for ASHRAE based energy calculations such as Trane Trace or Carrier HAP
- AutoCAD proficient; Revit proficiency highly desired
- Experience with K-12, Higher Ed, water/wastewater, and federal facilities preferred
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required