Purpose and Job Summary
- The Analyst support various loan production and underwriting functions, including: review of third-party reports; underwriting analysis; oversight of FHA Multifamily loan applications; document collection and transmittal; due diligence; and, leading internal deal coordination processes. Works directly with underwriters, loan originators, clients, and vendors as necessary throughout the due diligence process.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support FHA Multifamily Origination Screening to include, but not limited to:
- Being well versed in the various Preliminary Loan Analysis (PLA) models
- Determining appropriate level of due diligence required to complete a thorough loan screening
- Completing the PLA to determine loan sizing and S&U that meet programmatic requirements are met and are in compliance with the applicable loan execution
- Assist the Underwriters by providing daily oversight of FHA multifamily loan applications
- Be the primary lead for internal deal coordination to include, but not limited to:
- Engagement and coordination of third-party report providers
- Creation and collection of due diligence needs list
- Primary reviewer of application due diligence for completeness and accuracy
- Administrative transaction organization (expense tracking, deal folder completeness, credit report ordering)
- Creation of complete and deficiency free application submissions to HUD
- Have extensive interaction with borrowers and third-party vendors to process and provide analytical support to the underwriter for loan applications
- Communicate clearly with borrowers, third party providers, originators, underwriters and others to facilitate transaction flow.
- It is expected that the team member develops the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare credit request presentations for FHA.
- Assist Closing department in the preparation of documents required for loan commitments, closings, fundings and deliveries.
- Become fully versed in all applicable Commercial Real Estate policies and procedures by reading and studying FHA MAP Guide, relevant FHA documentation and any underwriting and processing guidelines.
- Become fully versed in and apply a thorough knowledge of LUMENT FHA policies, processes and procedures.
- Attend trainings and courses in additional education as prescribed.
- Work professionally and harmoniously with team and coworkers
- Position may require travel on a minimal basis
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Contacts -This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, real estate, or related field required
- 1-2 years of experience in real estate related financial analysis for a lending institution, brokerage firm or investment firm preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Microsoft Excel)
- Demonstration of a strong work ethic, ambition, teamwork, creativity and sound ethical conduct
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines; Ability to adjust priorities in a changing environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments and transactions simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Professional business image and excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing (spelling, grammar, and punctuation) including a strong aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team
- Highest degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into clearly articulated credit and business recommendations both verbally and in writing
- Initiative and strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility
About Future Housing Leaders
Future Housing Leaders connects college students to paid internship and entry-level jobs with top employers in the housing industry who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
By providing access to job opportunities in sectors like housing finance, real-estate, FinTech, and building and construction, Future Housing Leaders opens doors to careers in a lucrative industry that makes a real impact in communities. This evolving industry requires talent from a wide range of disciplines, including business, communications, marketing, computer science, engineering, architecture, and more.