At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Love coding? Want to create technology that matters? Begin your technology career today by joining the Freddie Mac Information Technology team through our College Hire program! This 12-month cohort program designed for recent Computer Science/Computer Engineering grads is the start of a full-time career with an industry leader building the future of technology for the housing/finance industry.
The Information Technology (IT) Division helps enable and transform Freddie Mac’s business. We provide systems and technology that benefit the enterprise, customers, employees and our business partners. Our technology enhances the services we offer to our customers and improves productivity and performance for employees, making work easier.
Be part of a team designing and coding the future technologies and applications that support Freddie Mac’s mission of making home possible.
What you’ll be doing:
Freddie Mac will support your continued professional development through access to targeted courses and learning opportunities, as well as exposure to senior management. You will gain knowledge of technology for the financial industry all while enhancing your own competencies, by:
- Deepening technological knowledge while learning about Freddie Mac’s vital role in the mortgage market
- Expanding your leadership, business, and analytical skills
- Obtaining support and guidance from dedicated managers, experienced analysts and knowledgeable mentors
- Participating in organized community service events to complement your professional development with personal growth
- Being eligible to be sponsored to earn key technical certifications
- Refining your personal brand and growing your internal network
You’ll be working in the following areas:
- Participate as a member of a project team to develop innovative, high-quality software solutions in an Agile development environment
- Develop, modify, and design software based on requirements/design specifications
- Help define business and user needs and processes; identify solutions, work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution
- Participate in requirements analysis; help design applications based on system requirements; promote top code quality and solve meaningful issues related to performance tuning and scalability
- Build enhancements within existing applications to optimize efficiency
- Support implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
- Support core applications, including providing fixes to production defects and making enhancements
- Quickly evaluate defects, investigate causes and come up with solutions to address defects
- Provide production support and providing clear communication to on the resolution of incidents
NOTE: Freddie Mac will not be hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1 (CPT/OPT), J-1, M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings)
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Future Housing Leaders
Future Housing Leaders connects college students to paid internship and entry-level jobs with top employers in the housing industry who are committed to diversity and inclusion.
By providing access to job opportunities in sectors like housing finance, real-estate, FinTech, and building and construction, Future Housing Leaders opens doors to careers in a lucrative industry that makes a real impact in communities. This evolving industry requires talent from a wide range of disciplines, including business, communications, marketing, computer science, engineering, architecture, and more.