With over 2,800 lawyers in 27 key business centers around the world, Freshfields combines an unrivalled breadth of expertise across practice areas and borders with tremendous growth opportunities within our US practices. This unique balance defines our work style and culture. On one side, there’s the friendliness, personal attention and lack of hierarchy you find in a small firm; on the other, the comprehensive network, breadth of work and resources of an international organization. We’re a collegial firm – we work, learn and socialize together as one team. We’re also truly international in both outlook and opportunity.
The HR Assistant operates as the point person for processing changes of status including new hires, transfers, payroll changes, office assignments and terminations. They are responsible for the provision of administrative support, covering all aspects of the employment lifecycle. Case escalation is to the HR Operations Manager (US based) and HR Services Team Leader (UK Based) if appropriate.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Providing transactional processing and administration for all main HR changes of status in an accurate and timely manner including but not limited to starters, movers and leavers including on-boarding, secondments, and terminations:
o Initiate all actions in Workday and ADP as needed
o Notify all necessary colleagues of changes through email
o Schedule orientation and exit interview with HR
o Send instructions to impacted employee outlining actions needed
o Create Personnel Action Notices, welcome sheets, separation letters etc.
o Updating and maintaining accurate information on the firm’s HR System (Workday) and other filing systems;
- Providing external correspondence to include: references, mortgage/rental applications and business visa letters
- Updating documents in response to new legislation or policy changes;
- Actively participate in regular team meetings to ensure information is shared;
- Involvement in HR projects as needed;
- Administrative support for the Trainee Development team including training new joiners and newly qualified associate processes;
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with the other members of the HR team;
- Actively participating in process improvement discussions and implementing necessary changes.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize changing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters and respond effectively to such situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ideally previous HR experience or desire to gain experience in the Human Resources field
- Ideally educated to degree level and / or equivalent;
- High level of PC/database skills, including MS Office and Excel;
- Customer service experience within a professional or commercial environment;
- Previous experience with Workday or other HR database preferred
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. EOE M/F/V/D/SO