Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Data Coordinator II monitors data collection and its adherence to protocols. and is responsible for the collection, coordination, processing, and quality control of clinical trial data.
The incumbent works with limited supervision in performing work assignments, and uses judgment in data collection, quality control, and liaison activities.
- Review research protocols with regard to data collection
- Review and monitor patient/participant clinical trial data
- Abstract information such as patient/participant treatment and progress
- Serve as a liaison and reference resource to Physicians, Investigators, other staff members, and other organizations with questions about data collection or protocol procedures and requirements
- Monitor adherence to protocol data collection, investigating any violation
- Maintain computer database
- Collaborate with the LTFU department to ensure data reporting guidelines are met per FDA standards
- Coordinate special projects
- Provide input to support policies and goals of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in clinical research
- Strong computer skills and experience working with databases; EDC, especially Medidata Rave or REDCap
- Strong verbal and written communication skills essential
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.