Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Infectious Disease Sciences Program at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center is seeking a full-time Clinical Trial Assistant (payroll title: Program Assistant I) to perform any of a variety of administrative and/or clinical responsibilities in support of two or more studies.
This position will work under the direction an Infectious Disease Sciences Program faculty member and support multiple faculty members’ research/studies. The incumbent will perform functions requiring knowledge and skills specific to the program studies and to clinical research.
- Place orders/requisitions in inpatient and outpatient setting
- Put together sampling kits and distribute to study sites and/or patients
- Complete patient questionnaires
- Collect data from various sources, including medical chart review, as requested and assist in maintaining databases(e.g. REDCap, Microsoft Access/ Excel or other study-related databases)
- Contact patients via phone and/or email for study related procedures
- Shipping and tracking of specimens
- Perform basic laboratory procedures on collected samples
- Transport specimens, if necessary, utilizing universal precautions
- Perform data entry for CRFs and review data prior to entering to ensure its credibility
- Perform specimen collection procedures for various studies (not including blood draws)
- Copy medical records, and send out reports via fax or e-mail
- Practice infection control, isolation techniques, and universal precautions
- Participate and prepare data for research meetings
- Assist with study related monitoring visits
- Be willing to perform other duties as requested or assigned by study staff or P.I.
- Maintain HIPAA, Good Clinical Practice and other clinical research training requirements
- BA/BS in biological sciences or other field, with an interest in clinical research and healthcare
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access) and have the willingness to learn new software programs as necessary. Demonstrate a professional, positive attitude when working with patients.
- Highly motivated and independent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.