Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
This position performs general administrative duties for the Office of Diversity Equity & Inclusion (ODEI) Administrative Director. The incumbent works independently in performing responsibilities. Judgment is used daily in interpreting policy, representing the department or program head, and in interacting with Center staff and outside organizations. Responsibilities include:
- Perform administrative duties to include office organization, records maintenance and coordination of meetings and functions with various individuals and organizations
- Represent the director or ODEI to various individuals and organizations
- Participate in the preparation of reports and presentations working directly with divisional and Center administration to ensure proper formatting and timely submission
- Gather and compile data for contracts and grant proposals, and presentations/reports of complex nature
- Work with program manager to monitor grants, contracts and budgets to document expenditures and verify proper accountability
- Purchase equipment and supplies for the office; perform inventory control duties; work with purchasing department as required
- Arrange conference and meeting schedules, travel agendas and requirements and activities as required by the DEI Director; perform clerical duties to include preparation of correspondence, manuscripts, etc. and be responsible for office operation. Function as a primary contact person for the department
- Verify and approve routine budget expenditures
- Word process correspondence and technical material (i.e. reports, manuscripts) for the department
- Establish procedures and interpret and apply administrative policies to the work unit
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years progressively complex administrative experience. Additional experience may substitute for educational requirement
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to DEI principles and projects
- Strong computer and word processing skills
- Proficiency with a variety of software packages
- Some budget experience necessary
A cover letter and Diversity Statement is required for this application. See click link below for instructions.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in your career or that will be made through work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at email@example.com or by calling 206-667-4700.