Seeking a Bilingual Technical Support Engineer who will provide basic troubleshooting on the full range of Fortinet products to our clients in Latin America
· Collection, analysis and change recommendations of configuration information
· Collection and analysis of customer network information
· Collection and initial analysis of packet trace information
Job Experience / Abilities Required :
· Experience in a technical support role in a networking/security company or equivalent education
· Strong understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
· Desirable experience with security products firewalls, IPSec, IDS/IPS, Anti Spam, virus scanning
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Working knowledge on Windows, UNIX or Linux
· Previous call center experience, preferably supporting data networking products and/or security products is desirable.
· Strong English and Spanish skills both written and verbal. Ability to speak Portuguese is a plus. Ability to learn Portuguese within one year!
· Strong analytical skills, oriented to details.
· Proven track as problem solver.
· Highly organized, multi-tasking skills required.
· Adaptable and flexible, operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Ability to work and take quick decisions under pressure.
· An independent certification on security from SANS, (ISC) 2, ISACA, BS7799/ISO17799 is a plus.
· Travel occasionally for short periods of time to take/provide training and special engagements
· Recommend corrective actions based on analysis
· Provide customer education where needed due to gaps in networking, product knowledge, processes, etc…
· Consultation of technical documentation, bulletins and release notes for known problems
· Reproduction of customer environments on lab equipment
· Follow up on technical cases including proper escalation and management of the case until case closure.
· Manage customer communication and expectations until the closure of each case
· Ensure clear and courteous communication with the customer until ticket closure
· Submit KB articles on a monthly basis to contribute with internal and external DB´s
· Use internal resources to self-study technologies and products as required by customer´s demand
· Complete internal training as need and pass internal certifications as required
· Collaboratively work with peers within Latin America and AMER region, in order to work on initiatives which can help to give better service to our customers,
partners and the security community in general
· Honor SLA´s and metrics in order to achieve customer satisfaction
· Suggest areas of improvement in the ticket handling process
· Proper follow up of the processes established
· Proactively take action to close tickets in a timely manner
Other Job Requirements:
Bachelor / Engineering degree on Computer Science, Electronics or Telecommunications granted by a University recognized by the local Education System and/or Education Authority.