Sr. Principal Product Engineer
San Jose, CA
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with marketing and product management teams to define product technical requirements
- Lead new product and manufacturing process development.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to build prototypes, alpha and beta products.
- Define and drive internal characterization and reliability test. Support product validation at customers.
- Drive product continuous improvement projects. Support manufacturing or field service on product issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- MS or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related engineering field.
- 5+ years of experience or equivalent
- Proven experience in precision design, tolerance and error budgets, and product development.
- Strong knowledge of thermo-mechanical design principles, materials and material thermal properties.
- Expert level skills in 3D modeling and FEA. SolidWorks and ANSYS experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills through experimental design and data analysis
- Experience with data analysis programming tools: Python, MATLAB etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.