Sr. Principal Product Engineer (Memory Product Development)
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
As the Product Engineer (Memory Product Development), you will be the subject matter expert on probe card architecture, understanding performance parameters across diverse customer use conditions. You will work closely with the Livermore Marketing, Factory, and Field Applications Teams to address product performance and understand how well customer specifications are being met. You will be involved with product development strategy and manage cross-discipline projects to meet the communicated customer roadmap requirements You will work with the product development teams and the business organization to ensure that engineering advancements integrate successfully into our volume-manufactured products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Subject matter expert on large array probe card architecture and performance
- Probing characterization concepts
- Thermo-mechanical performance, transient and steady-state
- Metrology methods and concepts supporting micron-level accuracy/uncertainty
- Manage/interpret field performance feedback and plan improvement activities to ensure customer expectations are met
- Analyze R&D or Field data to confirm product performance, or guide product development
- Provide technical consultation on new designs
- Manage projects or programs on a technical and organizational level to support successful integration to manufacturing
- Work with marketing team on technical communications to customer to fulfill roadmap needs
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent required with Minimum of 7 years of work experience
- Masters Degree Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred with Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Hands-on experience with new product development and installations preferred
- Project Management experience (ie Product Life Cycle or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering (understanding of thermal mechanical considerations and mechanical design)
- Strong background in Statistical Analysis, Failure Analysis and Process Engineering (DOE, 8D, FMEA, SPC, document control, etc.)
- Strong Project Management, Communication, and Problem Solving skills
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time for field commissioning and/or troubleshooting work (Domestic and International)
- Proven ability to work in a Class 1000 clean room environment
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.