Sr. Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer (Electroplating)
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
Key responsibility include:
- Create, maintain or update Plating Process work instructions; Train Operators to ensure adherence
- Acquire detailed hands on understanding of the Plating line processes and the equipment set in terms of machine performance and process capability to ensure equipment meets or exceeds process criteria.
- Set up and sustain electrochemistry plating equipment, processes, and various metrology methods associated with the control and monitor of such processes. Coordinate and execute problem solving efforts, hands on troubleshooting of Plating Process & equipment issues (work with equipment engineer).
- Work with Production team on a daily basis to ensure operators are sufficiently processing lots per WI. Coordinate downtime with process and production resources
- Manage Chemical maintenance Jobs & scheduling to meet Process needs.
- Support cross training Chemical Technicians on maintenance changes or new equipment chemical maintenance
- Initiate and manage key CIP activities to increase yields in an process capacity and equipment and reduce overall cycle time.
- Own plating tools and develop relationships with equipment vendors to manage service, support, upgrade development & new equipment acquisition / installation projects.
- Plan and coordinate equipment installation activities including specifying facilities needs, developing/executing equipment qualification activities
- Provide technical expertise, leadership and in-depth training to the equipment maintenance technicians to ensure equipment is properly maintained – on time.
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment issues with equipment engineer and employ long term repairs per FFI 8D+ problem solving methods and communicate status and recovery plans throughout the issue resolution process.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have a BS degree or higher in Electrochemical, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science.
- 5 years of related experience as a Process Manufacturing or Process Development Engineer in a MEMS, semiconductor, or other relevant production fab environment.
- Hands-on experience with process, chemistry, and equipment/hardware development required for advanced electrochemical plating processes.
- Proven track-record of developing and deploying creative and practical process solutions for high-volume manufacturing.
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership to aggressively focus on problems either individually or part of a larger team.
- General familiarity with other standard MEMS unit processes and/or materials associated with Thin Films, Photolithography, Planarization (grinding/lapping/Chemical-Mechanical Polishing), and MicroAssembly.
- At least 3 yrs working experience of SPC/DOE for production process control.
- Proven ability to analyze and make meaningful inferences from large and sometimes incomplete data.
- Comfort working with a wide variety of different functions including R&D, Process Integration, and Operations to effectively accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to adapt to the company’s changing needs and priorities and be a self-motivated team player.
- Well versed with machine safety and how to ensure equipment complies with industry safety standards.
- Experience working with outside suppliers and machine integrators.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving experience.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.