POWER INTEGRITY/SIGNAL INTEGRITY ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The PI/SI Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the electrical performance of FormFactor’s line of high performance production probe cards. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for electrical design, prototype development, and design validation for new probe card products, and will be involved in all aspects of design, test, validation, integration, and support from product concept through end-of-life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform power/signal integrity analysis on advanced probe cards and assemblies (PCB’s, substrates, probes, etc)
- Create and proliferate advanced electrical analysis procedures
- Support the development of appropriate system/package architectures to meet new product requirements, including the reduction of power impedance and insertion/return loss
- Design and test components, products, and systems
- Model and optimize structures using various electrical modeling tools
- Perform system simulations to confirm I/O channels meet specifications
- Evaluate and select components to meet signal integrity performance objectives
- Develop design “best practices” for the PCB CAD team to produce specification compliant designs
- Work with test engineers to develop system SI test strategies and plans
- Perform lab testing of systems to validate models, uncover and debug problems
- Develop the necessary engineering documentation to support the designs
- Work closely with the hardware design teams to architect power models
- Utilize analog and RF design skills, including simulation and measurement, to implement routing solutions for multi-Gb/s signals
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in power integrity modeling and analysis with tools such as PowerSI, SIWave, Sigrity and Apache
- 8+ years of experience with signal integrity modeling with tools such as Ansys HFSS, Q3D or CST Microwave Studio, and Agilent ADS or similar software
- 8+ years of experience in electrical modeling/simulation of I/O drivers with tools such as PowerDC, Hyperlynx, Q3D, HFSS and SPICE
- 8+ years of experience with high-speed test equipment (VNA, TDR, Oscilloscope)
- 8+ years of experience with hardware design and schematic entry with tools such as Cadence Allegro and ACAD
- Working knowledge of SMT, PCB, Packaging, semiconductor manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience with programming tools such as: C, Visual Basic, Perl, Tcl
- Experience interpreting industry-standard specifications
- Detailed knowledge of power supply decoupling schemes and techniques, and the associated components available for high speed digital products
- Knowledge of on-die PDN solutions for large complex SOCs including multiple voltage domains, on die decoupling elements, and power switching schemes.
- Understanding of EMI design considerations
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence others through leadership and technical expertise
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.